Since we’re halfway through chapter two, I thought I’d answer a couple of questions that will probably come up. I’ll update as I get more questions and the comic progresses. However, I won’t answer questions that could spoil future plot points or are answered in the About section.
1. When does the comic update?
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
2. Who does what?
David writes and manages the comic. Tatiana does all the artwork.
3. Is this a political comic?
No, at least it isn’t intentionally. Sure, you can probably find a few themes in here, but it’s usually an accident.
4. How did you come up with the comic?
Back in January 2006, an artist I knew asked me to come up with a science fiction webcomic for her to draw. I came up with a more compressed version of Tnemrot (What happened in chapter one only took up ten pages) and had more characters. The artist sent me a design for Dae and then disappeared off the face of the earth (We only contacted each other through email). Then in late 2008 a comic company that was getting ready to start up needed contributers, so I pitched the version of Tnemrot we have today. Then Tatiana was hired and the rest is history.
5. Do you take reader suggestions for stories?
No, I write them pretty far ahead. We’ve finished three chapters already, with Tatiana working on #4 now and I’ve written #5.
6. Who is stronger, Angel or Dae?
7. Chapter Two implies the slaves can resist the collars. Is this true?
Yes, but only if they concentrate very hard and only for a limited amount of time. However, a few masters will use more expensive collars that make this much harder to accomplish, which is why Angel couldn’t resist Morris. But if the slave is obedient enough or the family treats them as a friend, then the normal collars are used.
8. Why does Mia’s father ignore her?
He’s not a big fan of kids. And he’s a douche.
9. Are you going to do a crossover with another comic?
Probably not. I’m not a big fan of crossovers. Maybe a cameo.
10. I notice the art bears a strong resemblance to Bleach. Are you a fan?
I’ve never watched the show or read the manga, so I didn’t make the connection until it was pointed out on this site. The art is 100% Tatiana, who has a Bleach sub-section in her deviant art gallery.
11. Is there any merchandise I can buy?
We might have a poster available soon, but at the moment we don’t have any Tnemrot related merch. You’re not supposed to start selling stuff until you’re getting 3k individual viewers a day and we still have a little while to go before reaching those numbers. But if you want some merch, tell your friends and we might be able to get some out.
12. How do you pronounce ‘Tnemrot’?
Nem-rot. The first T is silent.
13. Does the ‘armour’ give battlers extra strength or is it all on the battler’s strength?
The bands and other devices simply enhance the strength and speed of the battlers. It’s hard to pinpoint the exact amount it’s increased, mostly because I don’t want to make a specific rule and restrict myself.
14. Does Mia have any control over Dae when he his fighting?
No, after seeing how scared Angel was over the idea of being collared she couldn’t bring herself to put it on either of them. Dae has full control over his actions.
15. Who were those two freaky children people at the start of the comic?
Those were the human dealers. They sell slaves to the rich folk. Why do they look like that? You’ll find out later.
16. How did Dae get his tattoos?
While he was captured, before being transferred to Mia.
17. Who took care of Mia growing up?
The house staff make sure she can eat and also buy her toys. However most of them keep their distance emotionally because she would interfere with their regular duties and laziness isn’t tolerated.
18. Do parents in this universe have any feeling for their kids?
Morris’ does. His attitude comes from a lifetime of overindulgence since his father was a self-made man and wanted his son to spend his life enjoying himself rather than working like he did. Morris’ mother lives in California. Also, if you count them, Dae and Angel ran right at a firing gun when Mia was threatened. Oh, and before she died in Tnemrot, Angel’s mother loved her daughter (Father is unknown).
19. Are Raid and June a couple?
20. Is Campbell’s daughter, Mia, aka Mia Campbell in any way, shape, or form, a shoutout to Gundam SEED Destiny’s Meer Campbell? On that tangent, can we expect a timeskip after which Mia dyes her hair, puts on a golden star clip, and dresses in a skintight white and purple bodysuit/dress combination and goes onto become a pop diva?
Never seen any of the Gundams. I came up with the surname after watching Evil Dead, staring Bruce Campbell. As for the skintight suit and being a pop diva, very unlikely.
21. Is the comic available in print?
Yep, it’s available here.
22. Do you have a link banner?